To donate to Mary, Mother of 1000 Priests Chapel, please click on this link.
Mary, Mother of Priests' Chapel Features:
Life-sized, framed Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe
Over 2 dozen icons of the Life of Christ and the Saints
Habit of Father John Broderick
19 February 1933 - 5 September 1997
Father John Broderick began his priestly career as a Franciscan Friar of the Atonement. After leaving the Order, he was incardinated on November 23, 1970 as a Diocesan priest in the Diocese of Providence, RI, serving at the end of his life as parish priest of Jesus Savior Church in Newport. Father Broderick died at the same time and on the same day (September 5, 1997) as Saint Mother Teresa of Calcutta. When he was first diagnosed with cancer, and throughout his brave struggle with this illness, Fr. Broderick's persistent faith, joy, humor, and humility never wavered. Upon his death, his parishioners could imagine him and Mother Teresa arriving at the Pearly Gates at the exact same moment and Fr. Broderick saying to her, with his usual good humor, "Mother Teresa! I've always wanted to meet you, but I never suspected it would be under these circumstances!"
The image of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii originally hung in a chapel of that name in Mary's Glen in Fort Wayne, IN. The Chapel has been transformed into Mary's Glen Chapel of Spiritual Healing so this copy of the original miraculous image is being preserved in the Chapel of 1000 priests.
Framed image of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii
Memorabilia of Dom Julian Stead, OSB
20 November 1926 - 23 December 2020
Dom Julian Stead, OSB, was instrumental in the development of the Confraternity of Penitents from its beginning in 1994. Even after his retirement, always asked how the CFP was doing until his death at the age of 94.
Many of Dom Julian's friends looked to him for help and encouragement in leading the Christian life. He gave what he could, simply and generously. In his long life as a priest (having entered the Benedictine Order at the age of 17), Fr. Julian taught Philosophy and Patristics at Portsmouth Abbey School in Portsmouth, RI. He also served as Guest Master, Novice Master, and teacher of Latin and Christian Doctrine.
He loved the Fathers of the Church and taught a course in that subject. He also taught a course in Patristics at Providence College from 1974 to 1976, where he was Director of Admissions for some years.
He was the first priest to join the Focolare movement, and he knew its founder, Chiara Lubich, whom he spoke about with reverence and admiration.
Dom Julian produced three books: a translation of The Mystagogia of St. Maximus the Confessor, a book of poems called There Shines Forth Christ, and St. Benedict, A Rule for Beginners. He also enjoyed watercolor painting.
Mary, Mother of Priests Chapel will contain some of the countless letters written by Fr. Julian in his decades of correspondence with people worldwide, as well as some of his original watercolor paintings.
Besides Christ, no other subject has been more depicted in iconography than Mary. Priests look to Mary, Mother of Priests as the perfect model for their love of Christ, invoking her as Mother of the Eternal Priest, and as Protectress of their ministry.
Icons may be ordered on this link.
Prayer cards may be ordered on this link.
Mary, Mother of Priests Icon by Sr. Marie Paul Farran, OSB
Names of 1000 priests shared by Chapel benefactors
Is your priest on this list?
Should he be?
Names of 1000 holy priests will surround this original painting of the Eucharist by artist Joseph Matose IV.
The first six plaques are shown.
Names currently being accepted for additional plaques.
Each plaque is engraved bronze and holds 15 lines of print. Lettering is 3/16" tall.
The original painting was purchased as a donation to Guadalupe House by Patrick Hamor, the first resident in 2010. Patrick is now Br. Pachomius, OSB. See www.GuadalupeVDH.com for his photo!